Our Mission & History
“To develop housing opportunities, empower individuals and families, and revitalize and strengthen communities.”
“To be the first choice for housing assistance, development, and education services in Nebraska.”
NeighborWorks® Northeast Nebraska is a private non-profit 501(c)(3) organization that was created to provide affordable housing opportunities to low-to-moderate income families and individuals. The organization manages the following four programs:
- Purchase/Rehab/Resell Program
- New Construction
- Homebuyer Education
- Financial Pathways
- 1994 - NeighborWorks® Northeast Nebraska was formed as a corporation called Elkhorn Valley Community Development Corporation
- 1995 - Named Roger Nadrchal as the Executive Director of the corporation, which was and still is governed by a volunteer board of directors.
- 1996 - Designed and developed the Purchase/Rehab/Resell Program.
- 1997 - Established New Construction Program with the Woodland Park and Meadow Ridge Developments.
- 1999 - Established the Homebuyer Education curriculum and became a REACH affiliate.
- 2001 - Celebrated a milestone - had developed our first 100 homes.
- 2005 - Became a chartered member of NeighborWorks® America.
- 2007 - Established a second office in Columbus.
- 2009 - Celebrated 400 homes developed and established lots in the Bradshaw subdivision.
- 2013 - Broke ground on the Centennial Park subdivision.
- 2014 - Launched Money Management classes and developed our 600th home.
- 2018 - Busy serving individuals and families in the Purchase/ Rehab/ Resell Program.